Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

My name is ***** *****. Having a couple of problems with my

Customer Question
Customer: Hi my name...
Customer: Hi my name is ***** *****. Having a couple of problems with my 2005 outback legacy wagon xt. My sport light is flashing after about 10 minutes of driving. I noticed that when it is flashing I am unable to shift into sport mode. Second problem is that when I start up in cold weather there is an high squeal and the car is hard to turn especially in reverse and there is tention on the steering wheel. Lastly, I am going through the reserve on my antifreeze about every 100 miles. I havent seen any puddles where I park
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well the car has 125,000 miles. change the oil every 3000 with synthetic. transmition fluid level is fine and so is the power stearing fluid.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Subaru Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Well. I have an apt with a mechanic on tues. I was just trying to get a feel for what I was up against. Text you back if I dont get answers after that apt. Thank you.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
1/16/2016
Subaru Mechanic: Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The Sport light flashing means the system is seeing a fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to be able to determine what is failing you are going to need to start with having the computer system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to determine the cause.

Ronnie
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician