Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

I am working on a 1998 Subaru Forester 2.5 DOHC engine. I

Customer Question
Hello, I am working on...
Hello, I am working on a 1998 Subaru Forester 2.5 DOHC engine. I just pulled the engine to do the head gaskets and now I am ready to drop the engine back in. I am wondering if the torque converter needs its own fluid and if so how much fluid needs to be added to it or does all the tranny fluid cycle through the torque converter?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Subaru
1/14/2016
Subaru Mechanic: George H., Subaru Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
George H.
George H., Subaru Certified Technician

Hello I will help you with your question,

Did you remove the converter and drain it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Yes, the torque converter was removed and the fluid was drained because of an accident while pulling the engine.

Ok, you can fill it but that gets very messy and just running the enigne for a few minutes will fill the converter then you can top off the level through the dipstick.

Be sure you have the drive shaft for the converter fully seated and then the converter seated all the way on the shaft.

Please let me know if you have further questions

Thank you

George H.
George H.
George H., Subaru Certified Technician