Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

My 2001 Subaru Outback wagon 6 cyl. doesn't move when

Customer Question
shifted into gear. The engine...
My 2001 Subaru Outback wagon 6 cyl. doesn't move when shifted into gear. The engine seems to race and the needle on speedometer swings up to 70mph but won't move. There is also a sound of marbles in a tin can when shifting between PRND321. Is this a bad trans or something less expensive
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Subaru
12/30/2015
Subaru Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Will it roll in all gears except park, that will check the shift linkage, and output shaft, and differential, and CV joints?

My bet is a broken axle shaft joint to blame based on the noise.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician