HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, Asian/European dealer tech
285738

I have a 2002 Subaru impresa wrx and I 't know if its the

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Subaru impresa wrx and I don't know if its the clutch or transmission but everytime I shift into forth it grinds
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has almost 170000 miles and can be pushed out of all gears but only grinds into fourth
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the original clutch
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, when a manual transmission grinds only in one gear, it is caused by a worn syncronizer blocking ring. the blocking ring is what slows down the gear to allow the shift sleeve to engage the gear without making any noise. You would need to remove the transmission and tear it down and replace the 4th gear syncronizer and 3/4 shift sleeve to fix this concern.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need more help or information for this concern?