camerontech
camerontech, diagnostic auto tech
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

I have purchased a 2005 Nissan Sentra, 1.8L 4 door sedan.

Customer Question

I have purchased a 2005 Nissan Sentra, 1.8L 4 door sedan. The front shocks were replaced 3 weeks ago. Now I have a rubbing sound on the drivers side. It is getting worse over time. Very pronounced sound when driving very slowly, Sound goes away when I
just touch the brakepedal.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  camerontech replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

My name is ***** ***** I am a licenced diagnostic technician with over 20 years experience.

I will do my best to help you with your automotive problem. Please remember, I cannot see, hear or feel your vehicle which can make diagnosing very complicated and some vehicle require extensive diagnotics that require certain diagnostics computers that can not be done over a computer or phone.Please be patient as I am not online 24 hours a day, as I do work, but I do check my page every day.A positive rating is always appreciated for my time and knowledge to help you with your problem.

It sounds like 1 of these 2 problems.

I think its just bad timing that the shocks were recently done and I dont think it has anything to do with the shock replacement, but again, I cant hear noises over the computer, lol.

1. the brake pads are low or backing plate touching the rotor

when you have a noise that the disappears when you hit the brakes, it is ussually the indicator on the brakes that is just touching, and when you push the breaks it puts a different position on the pads which make the noise go away, this can also be the same for rust

2. wheel bearing

The reason it can disapear when hitting the brakes is the caliper will push on the rotor, repositioning the rotor away from what its rubbing on.

Either way, the wheel will have to be removed and visually inspected.

Hopefully its just a backing plate rubbing and just giving it a little push will have you on your way again!

IF you need any more help id h=be happy to assist!

thanks and i appreciate positive ratings

cam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much. I will be removing the wheel to check this out.

great, let me know what you find!

give it a shake sideways and up and down for bearing inspection before taking the wheel off, and spin it up of course before taking the wheel off

cam