Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.
2921078

I have only 37000 miles on my subaru Forester and thy told

Customer Question

I have only 37000 miles on my subaru Forester and thy told me I have t replace the struts. The car seems fine. How do I know if this really needs to be done. Thank you.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

The only way to be sure is to try a bounce test. Bounce the front of the car a few times and see if it comes up and stops. If it does, the front are fine, if it continues to bounce more then once after you stop bouncing it, then they are weak and should be replaced. Do the same test on the rear.

Unless they are leaking oil, it's unlikely they need to be replaced. Not impossible, but unlikely.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!