Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

Working on my sons subaru forester about 2008 with wrx

Customer Question

working on my sons subaru forester about 2008 with wrx motor. inheriteed the repairs. found bent valves. had the heads repaired and resurfaced, and reassembled there is suel but no spark. found air mass sensor not good . but thats not suppose to prevent the firing the sparl plug
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I own a WRX so I'll see if can help you here.

Are you 100% certain the valve timing is correct?

The Left inlet cam wheel is the cam position sensor.

The engine will not start, and will not erroneous compression readings on that bank, if the cam timing is wrong on that bank. I've seen wheels that are hard to read the marks, (and hence the inlet timing is 360 out), and I've also seen the wrong wheels on the wrong side.

Please recheck the LH inlet cam wheel is correct timing and the correct wheel, it has the sensor section of metal on the back of the wheel.

Gary

Gary