tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

I have a 2001 Subaru Ll Bean limited edition outback. The

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 2001 Subaru Ll Bean limited edition outback. The drivers side window works properly as does the sun roof. None of the other windows in the car work. We've tried the child lock switch with lo luck so far. Any suggestions appreciated. The only
recent changes to the car were repairing the exhaust and changing the power steering and transmission fluids. Thank you!
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi ,if no other windows operate from their respective switches it sounds like a wiring issue,or a possible child lock switch issue ,this switch doesn't normally recieve a lot of attention so the contacts may be dirty I would try to rapidly move the switch on/off to clean them up first,thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the suggestion.
I'll try working the kid switch.Do you think there might be a fuse associated with the windows that could affect this?Thank youJohn
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi John,no fuse associated with this type of concern a blown fuse would cause all windows not to operate,thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, it started working correctly. I assumed that my working the child safety switch resolved the issue but my wife informs me that it just started working again this morning. I suspect an intermittent short.
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

The switch is not sold separately, the entire master switch is needed then,I think your suspicion is correct,thanks