Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

Currently the car just dies on me within min of turning it

Customer Question
on. Half way on my...
Currently the car just dies on me within min of turning it on. Half way on my drive home the car wouldn't pass 4k rpm before a weird sound came on. As I was almost home it completely died on me. It does turn on just died after a while. My mechanic thought it was the spark plugs. WE changed them then all these codes came up.( it does change gears. didn't see any oil leaking on the ground). Any help would be great. Below is diagnostic. I appreciate any help.
So as you noted, both p0546 and p1312 (factory service manual says 1312? No listing for p1313) are EGT related codes.
P0546 Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit High-Bank1
P1312 Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Malfunction
-c0107 - ABS wheel speed sensor malfunction (ABS wheel speed sensor abnormal signal) Abnormal signal of front ABS wheel speed sensor RH
^Maybe aftermarket wheel bearing installed there?
-c0115 - ABS wheel speed sensor malfunction (ABS wheel speed sensor abnormal signal)
Google says u1321 = CAN-LS METER NO-RECEIVE DATA
As for the "B" codes..
B0100 Integ. unit system error - Body integrated unit internal
error
B0102 BATT p/supply malfunction cont. - Open or short in BATT
power backup circuit
B0321 CAN-LS meter no-receive data Not received error data
from meter
B0401 M collation NG Malfunction related immobilizer
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
11/14/2015
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 2 years ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician

Hi,exhaust gas temperature is critical,your sensor EGT sensor is malfunctioning ,it's reading a much higher temperature so when the computer see's this it shuts the engine down thinking that the exhaust is going to melt down.My advice is to replace the EGT sensor and this will solve the car dying out,the other codes listed may have come up during the malfunction and then stored.The EGT is located in the up-pipe just below the turbo.Thanks for your time.

tamaz
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician