George H.
George H., Subaru Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15 + Years
13574682

I'm having issues powering on my 2008 Subaru Legacy heated

Customer Question

I'm having issues powering on my 2008 Subaru Legacy heated seats. Both driver and passenger suddenly stopped working at the same time. Switch light are on but the power on indicator is no longer lighting up when turning on the switch. Last thing I want to do is to tear up the seat open. Do you know how many fuses I should replace and where it would be located?? Thanks so much.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Check the fuse block fuses #6 (acc fuse) and the #17 fuse

Click here for fuse layout

Let me know what you find

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The layout you sent me is nothing close to what I checked... I did check every single colored fuse with a meter and all are working fine. I'm not too sure about those large fuses. I've taken a picture of both the exterior and interior fuse layout if you want them. Any other suggestions??
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

The fuse block is the one inside the vehicle cabin,it is just a section of a larger component.

Can you post your picture?

Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Click here for diagram

It is the upper block of fuses I showed in the fuse layout above and that is where your seat fuses are

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I uploaded the pictures I've taken. I'm sure its fuse #17 (15ABlue) in the vehicle cabin. That tested as positive with current flow. Could it possibly be the switch?
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

That matches the diagram I posted, yours is turned on it's side.

Use a voltmeter or 12 volt testlight and touch the metal testpoints on the back of the 17 (15 amp blue) and the 6 (7.5amp brown) fuses and see if you show 12 volts on both testpoint with the key on.

Let me know what you find

Thank you