Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

I HAVE A 2007 OUTBACK AND I HAVE REPLACED 3 BATTERIES IN THE

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2007 OUTBACK AND I HAVE REPLACED 3 BATTERIES IN THE LAST 4- 6 MONTHS IT SEEMS LIKE SOMETHING DRAWS THE BATTERY DOWN INTERMITTENTLY AND THEN IT WONT START?? IT DOESN'T DO IT ALL THE TIME. IS THERE SOMETHING I SHOULD LOOK AT?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

if this car has had 3 battery's in the last 6 months and the battery cables are clean and tight these issues come down to either the alternator not charging correctly to recharge the battery when driven OR there IS a draw on the battery when the car is shut off

any local Pep Boys or Auto Zone will test the alternator for free for you as you need to be sure the alternator is putting out the correct amps and volts

if it is not then the alternator needs to be changed

if it is charging good volts and amps then a shop needs to do a draw test on the system with a multi meter and if the draw is over @ 50 MA then they pull one fuse at a time until the draw goes below 50 MA and what ever that fuse that is pulled powers is the circuit or device that is bad and drawing the battery down

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

if you have any questions please ask you can always get me back through this post for FREE with any follow up anytime even after you rate us here at Justanswer as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?

you can always get me back through this post for FREE anytime even after you rate us here at Justanswer for any follow up anytime as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here