Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

I have a 1995 suburu imprenza that runs beautifully and has

Customer Question
never had engine problems. Since...
I have a 1995 suburu imprenza that runs beautifully and has never had engine problems. Since a month ago it sometimes wot start after having been driven a short way. Have had it to 2 mechanics--they have found nothing. Has had fuel pump and lines checked, new spark plugs rtc --still happening!
Help!
Thanks. Leslie
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
10/22/2015
Subaru Mechanic: cloe0626, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic

i would check the mass air flow sensor sounds like it needs to be cleaned

Was checked when tune d

im assuming the vacuum lines has been checked as well

Problem only occurs when car driven for errands and only sometimes. Both mechanics ran the usual tech checks. Second one, a seasoned mechanic, did additional checks I have had this car for its full life and it has always had reg Mainr checks etc
The two questions you have asked are pretty basic things 99% of mechanics and most "tinkerers" would have already checked.
If you can't do better than this, just bill the $5 and terminate this transaction.

i apologize but trying to get a back ground on what had been done i would check the ignition switch

cloe0626
cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic