tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

My 1998 Subaru outback has no power to the sub-fan I jumped

Customer Question

my 1998 Subaru outback has no power to the sub-fan I jumped the fan direct and it works but when I tested the plug there was no power going to it
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 2 years ago.

Hi,did you inspect the relay ,this is what will supply the voltage iyt's located in the fuse box under the hood ,follow the chart on the inside lid to find it's location.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I already checked the relay and fuses and they are all good also I tried to put power to the fan via the relay plug in and got no power at the male end of the plug is there any other fuses beside the one under the hood and on the inside of the car on drivers side the fan runs if I put power direst at the fan connection
Expert:  tamaz replied 2 years ago.

Hi, there is another relay for the sub fan in the interior fuse box,top row far right.When energized it will supply voltage to the yellow/red wire at sub fan motor.