Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

My 2003 Outback, Car turns over but won't start. 3rd time in

Customer Question
shop today. First time...
My 2003 Outback, Car turns over but won't start. 3rd time in shop today. First time the tech put in a new fuse and said their was some corrosion, the are went for a week and then it happened again. Engine died, car wouldn't start. 2nd time it happened they put in a new fuel pump thinking that was the only thing drawing enough amps to blow the fuse. Today is the 3rd time, same thing, I was driving to work, coming down a hill and the card died. I called the mechanic, he towed the car back to the shop and said he couldn't figure it out. He is going to put in a 40 amp fuse and see how it goes. I can't afford a new car right now but need to trust my vehicle.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
9/10/2015
Subaru Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician

What liter engine?

Do not install the incorrect amp fuse, that will cause more damage.

It seems like we are not done yet, do you still need help?

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician