Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

My manual transmission forester 2000 will start, rev, but

Customer Question
will not go anywhere. When...
My manual transmission forester 2000 will start, rev, but will not go anywhere. When the problem started, I was driving and I had to Rev it more and more to when I stopped to go again. Now it will still start, and only with the clutch pressed in. But it won't stall out when I shift into gear...what's wrong with my car?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
9/1/2015
Subaru Mechanic: George H., Subaru Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
George H.
George H., Subaru Certified Technician

Hello I will help you with your question,

The clutch disc has worn out and will need to be replaced. If you have been driving it while it was slipping so you have to rev the engine to move the flywheel will need to be replaced as well.

Budget about $650 to have the complete job done which involves removing the transmission.

Please let me know if you have further questions

Thank you

George H.
George H.
George H., Subaru Certified Technician