Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

Bonnie lindke my 2011 subaru forrester was purchased from

Customer Question
bonnie lindke***@******.*** my 2011 subaru forrester...
bonnie lindke***@******.***
my 2011 subaru forrester was purchased from delta subaru in grand rapids,mi with about 3,000 miles on it (dealer's car)
at about 40,000 miles my car used oil after expressway driving. this was reported to the dealer 3 x,s. the last time i had driven less than 2.000 miles.
i had to put 2 qts. of oil in at auto zone in order to get it to the dealer. they put in 1(down 3 qts.) I amon a consumption test of 1,000 miles. is that enougn miles for an accuate evaluation????
i found that it has to be expressway miles. i am at 600 andit is only down alittle. the oil light has never com on. they are angry that i contacted customer service. they gave me the number. i requested $ for reimbursement for the oil and they gave me the number. now the service manager refused to talk to me....
he walked outside.
what can i do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
I want an answer to my question and not about drugs etc.
can I have info to give to the forrester subaru dealer to support my oil consumption problem
you can call me to but for $35 i need documendation in writing
how do i know that you will resond? I gave you my credit card # I am afraid.
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/1/2015
Subaru Mechanic: Mike V., Subaru Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician

Hi Bonnie

The first thing you should do here is get back in touch with Subaru. They will likely have you go to a different dealer for the oil consumption issues. What you will have to do is have the dealer check the oil level to document the oil usage. They won't do anything if you continue to add oil on your own. They will document how many miles and how much oil the car has used. If it is deemed a problem then the engine would likely be repaired under warranty, but the key is to have the dealer documenting the concern. If they don't have you going to a different dealer they will make this service manager deal with you whether he likes it or not. I assume you are talking to Subaru consumer affairs at 1-800-Subaru3?
Don't be intimidated by this service manager and stay in contact with Subaru.

Please let me know if there is any more I can do to help you from here.

What happens next:
Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.
My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.
Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician