tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

2006 outback,vibration from engine while sitting in park and

Customer Question

2006 outback,vibration from engine while sitting in park and turn wheel left or right,worse with a/c on but still there without
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi,tell me more about this vibration,has anything been done to the car recently?Does it run well while driving,how long has this been happening,thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing new,vibration from engine in drive or park,turn wheel and feels like a mount or ps or exhaust felt in car
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi,if nothing new has been done I find sometimes the flex joint in the exhaust gets rusted due to age and does'nt allow the exhaust to flex when engine is under load.The area is where the back converter pipe meets the rear exhaust pipe you'll see the joint has springs and when this joint rusts you get plenty of vibration throughout the car under load especially.This is the first area I would go to all the hardware would need replacing.Thanks for your time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CKD EXHAUST ALL OK,IDLE SEEMS TO DIP WHEN WHEEL TURNED AND VIBRATION GETS WORSE,FELT IN FRONT EXHAUST PIPE AND BELT CHIRPS WHEN WHEEL CUT ALL THE WAY,SEEMS LIKE FRONT OF MOTOR ITS WORSE
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

If the belt is chirping it's slipping and your losing power steering assist from the pump,tighten or replace this belt to see if a difference is made