Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an ASE tech
7276279

2006 2.5 trubo engine will not stay running and accleation I

Customer Question

2006 2.5 trubo engine will not stay running and accleation I over hauled the engine has been down for 4 mo
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In most cases if the engine will not stay running the computer system will usually detect the fault and when this happens it will usually set and store a fault code and or codes. If you can scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting and post back with them it would be very helpful in determine the fault. Let me know and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
good morning Ron yes i am steel working with problem I had to make a trip yesterday and back this morning I found some info this morning the cruse light is on all the time and according this info the car is in limp mode I have gone back and re ck all connections there is a test and set up for the cruse I am goning to do this first I will be in touch
Expert:  Ronnie replied 2 years ago.
Sure thing, I'm here if needed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
well the cruse setup will not take and I have done a hard reset the engine is surging 800 to 1100 rpm
Expert:  Ronnie replied 2 years ago.
The cruise control should have no connection to how the engine runs. Did you ever scan the computer and see if there are any fault codes setting?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
p0107 p2021 p2109 p2016
Expert:  Ronnie replied 2 years ago.
The code p)107 indicates a problem with the MAO sensor (circuit low) .
The code P2021 and P2016 indicates a problem with the Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor Circuit Low (Bank 2).
The code P2109 indacates a problem with the throttle postion sensor or the throttle body.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
where do you think I need to stsrt st
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
where do you think need to start at
Expert:  Ronnie replied 2 years ago.
I would clear all codes and see which ones reset and start with them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done that the same codes keep coming back
Expert:  Ronnie replied 2 years ago.

Okay then if that is the case you start with the first code and work your way from there . Start with the MAP sensor code first.