Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

Subaru Imprezza: I have a P0724 code. I lost the cruise driving

Customer Question
I have a P0724 code...
I have a P0724 code. I lost the cruise driving down from PA to NC and then had the check engine light come on (solid) and the cruise flashing. I need to know if I can get this car back to PA where the guys who put the transmission in can work on it. The dealer cleared the codes and they haven't (so far) come back on.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
7/27/2015
Subaru Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, I am Randall yes, you are most likely ok to continue driving BUT,. the code does refer to a brake light s witch signal to the TCM ( trans control module) cruise light flashing? that is by design, If a problem is detected , the PCM disables the cruise control and light will flash, Has nothing to do with cruise, Its only by defualt. I ts not possible for me to say the exact location of the problem but,, could be as simple as brake lights witch, In this case? you are ok to drive BUT,, please be sure the brake lights work should the check engine light come back on, That can be unsafe as we know if the lights fail to work otherwise? the brake lights witch doe more than turn on brake lights, It lest the TCm and PCm know you are braking so trans can adjust , Open driving? this would have no factor and likely you would not notice anything other than the light and code. May? notice a delay with trans trying to downshift say you are driving down a long hill, Nothing that I feel prevents from driving and,, could? have been intermittant
Thanks! I had trailer lights put int he day before I left for NC, so I think this is the root cause of the problem.
yup, likely is, may not even be trans related, I just know the code and the possibles. Just be sure the brake lights work if/when light come s back on or at least still working now
Randall C
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician