tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

Subaru Outback: My 2012 subaru outback has a sudden problem.

Customer Question

My 2012 subaru outback has a sudden problem. The drivers seat does not move with the controls, the check engine light is on when starting, the dome light does not work and the radio does not work. Any thoughts?
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think it may be a fuse but the owner manual does not make it easy to figure out how to do that.
Expert:  tamaz replied 2 years ago.
Hi, does the passenger seat move?did you remove any fuses in the main box under the hood?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The passenger seat is not electric so it moves. I replaced 1 30amp fuse under the hood which started up the drivers seat but the overhead dome lights (3) still does not work, and the check engine light still flashed when the engine is on, and the radio still not working.
Expert:  tamaz replied 2 years ago.
Hi ,this sounds like the transport fuse is installed,did you happen to remove a fuse?
Expert:  tamaz replied 2 years ago.
This fuse when removed cuts voltage to these components so the battery doesn't drain during transportation I believe its a 30 amp fuse
Expert:  tamaz replied 2 years ago.
The flashing check engine lamp is the telltale sign this fuse is removed under the hood
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Tamaz, a fuse was removed. I have an apt in the morning with the Subaru guy.
I think you are correct. Jill
Expert:  tamaz replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome,let me know what he finds