Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

Subaru Impreza Sport Hatchback: I purchased a new 2014 Subaru

Customer Question

I purchased a new 2014 Subaru Impreza Sports Model in April in Vancouver, BC. Shortly after, I was side-swiped in an accident which required replacement of the driver and left rear passenger doors. I have since relocated to Ontario, and on the way noticed that I can't lower either of the two driver/front passenger windows. I can lower and raise the rear passenger windows. What do you think the problem is?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 2 years ago.
Hi ,considering that the vehicle was just repaired the chances are likely that something happened with the the wiring it sounds like your are missing the ground needed to complete the circuit in the master switch,it is also possible that the master switch is at fault,thanks for your time,hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I assume this means that there's nothing I can do about it on my own, but should take it in to a Subaru service center. Do you agree?
Expert:  tamaz replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I would take it in there are many connectors and wiring colors that need to be inspected and probed to get to the root of the problem,I'm not certain that this wouldn't be covered under your warranty,free is good.Thanks