Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

2006 Tribeca b9...disconnected instrument cluster

Customer Question

2006 Tribeca b9...disconnected instrument cluster for about 5 mins now the tach and speedometer don't work they do bounce a little bit all gauges worked fine prioir to this. I have checked all connections they are good
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 2 years ago.
Hi,what was the reason for removing cluster?Do you have any warning lights on the dash?How does vehicle run?Just a few questions to get us started,thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Runs fine was trying to get paper out of vents and I unplugged cluster everything works but tach and speedo
Expert:  tamaz replied 2 years ago.
I know you said the connections are good but please check the connection where it enters the cluster,that connector can be tough sometimes and I've found in the past pulling on the those wires cause a poor connection.Because everything was operating good before this the problem must be at the connection or meter failure