Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

Subaru Outback: I have a 2002 Subaru Qutback and all of the

Customer Question
I have a 2002 Subaru...
I have a 2002 Subaru Qutback and all of the Sudden multiple systems seem to having problems . I FIRST NOTICED THE POWER STEERING BEING DIFFICULT , THEN THE PARKING BRAKE LIGHT CAME ON AND THEN THE abs light . are they related and what could the cause be ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
Now the car will not start , could it be the alternator ?
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/18/2015
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 2 years ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Hi,it could be the alternator belt,can you raise the hood to see if its still there'the power steering is also driven by this belt if its extremely worn or has broken off you'll have no power steering the battery will not be charged also because alternator is not turning,the ABS light is most likely on due to low voltage,thanks for your time
Kevin C.
Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.