Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

Subaru Tribeca Limited: i have an 08 tribeca has no start,

Customer Question

i have an 08 tribeca has no start, no reverse lights and a code P0705
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Good morning,I'd say your Transmission range switch is faulty.Very common fault with automatics.Gary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That involves replacement of the valve body at the tune of $775. I had the switch down today and cleaned it to no avail. Had a lot of metal powder on it due to the magnets incorporated in the switch. Can you just get the switch separately from a different supplier ?
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,I haven't anything to do with a Tribeca, but I have seen many times in many different cars.If your range switch is part of valvebody, I would say it wouldn't be serviced separately.Later models went back to external range switch, to get the switch out of the oil.Does yours have a switch assembly on the outside of trans where the selector lever is?Gary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No , it's in the oil attached to the valve body. Dave
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dave,Unfortunately, from what I read on the net, it is like some others, and you'll need to the replace the TCM (transmission module). It may be as complex as a Holden Cruze, which is called a TEHCM, (Transmission Electronic Hydraulic Control Module), and may need to programmed to the car. It could be just part of the valvebody like a 6L80E.Hope this helps.Gary