Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

Subaru Tribeca Limited: i have an 08 tribeca has no start,

Customer Question
i have an 08 tribeca...
i have an 08 tribeca has no start, no reverse lights and a code P0705
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
7/17/2015
Subaru Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Good morning,I'd say your Transmission range switch is faulty.Very common fault with automatics.Gary
That involves replacement of the valve body at the tune of $775. I had the switch down today and cleaned it to no avail. Had a lot of metal powder on it due to the magnets incorporated in the switch. Can you just get the switch separately from a different supplier ?
Hi again,I haven't anything to do with a Tribeca, but I have seen many times in many different cars.If your range switch is part of valvebody, I would say it wouldn't be serviced separately.Later models went back to external range switch, to get the switch out of the oil.Does yours have a switch assembly on the outside of trans where the selector lever is?Gary
No , it's in the oil attached to the valve body. Dave
Hi Dave,Unfortunately, from what I read on the net, it is like some others, and you'll need to the replace the TCM (transmission module). It may be as complex as a Holden Cruze, which is called a TEHCM, (Transmission Electronic Hydraulic Control Module), and may need to programmed to the car. It could be just part of the valvebody like a 6L80E.Hope this helps.Gary
Kevin C.
Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.