Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

Subaru Impreza WRX: I own a 2015 wrx MT and have been experiencing

Customer Question
I own a 2015 wrx...
I own a 2015 wrx MT and have been experiencing some issues. First off I have modified the vehicle with; an invidia j-pipe&mid-pipe, mishimoto cold air intake, and a accessport v3 with a pro tune.
Now to the issue, it will get into gear and then once in no boost is going through. The gear will hit 3k rpm and quickly wind up to 6k+. Only gaining a few mph, where normally she launches like a bat out of hell.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
Also I'm experiencing a large amount of boost error.
7/12/2015
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 2 years ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Hi this sounds like a slipping clutch,does it happen in all gears?
Yes it does
Hi,do you agree that the clutch may be slipping?This would really cause a lack of power and a quick increase in RPM
We thought that, but the clutch feels as if it locks in correctly. Also my access port is not showing an faults
Sure it will still lock in and shift correctly but if this disc is worn it won't have the holding power and slip
Yes, I got a new clutch plate and fly wheel recently
Is it possible for a failing turbo to cause this
Sure it is,have you checked for any boost leaks at intake of turbo,does it still sound like it's spooling up
No it does not sound like it's spoilin . My data charts have a spike in boost error from -.35 to 11.3.
This also can be tune related have you tried removing the tune to see if it maybe its related
Yes, I have reset my access port and ecu
I would say most likely turbo failure then
That's what I was thinking, because my spool is usually really loud
Probably the turbine bearing has failed you
Do I need a after market turbo from the over clock on the stock?
yes
Uhhhhhh so much money. What type of turbo do you suggest
I suggest to shop around ,find something compatible with your tune and your wallet,maybe you have some other things you may want to do which may require something a little bigger,as you know the possibilities are endless
Yes I know, I was looking at the blouch 16gxt. I have the money but I'm not trying to kill my savings
That's a worthy turbo
Also forget to mention there's a heavy gas smell on the front end
too rich of a fuel mix maybe?
My af ratio is reading normal in the cobb
hmmm.
Starts fine right?Idles ok?
What's that mean
Hmmm means I was giving it some thought
All of us on my end are coming to the turbo conclusion as well
Iagree
Okay now I put it in gear and it registers in the wrong gear. 1st won't show 2nd won't show till 3rd
Ok, but the transmission still operates correctly in all gears right? Just indicator is off,this could be a result of when the transmission was removed fpr the clutch replacement ,the cable adjustment maybe off,this would not have any effect on the running of the engine though,thanks
Kevin C.
Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.