Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

Subaru Forester 2011 premium: I just bought a 2011 Subaru Forester

Customer Question

I just bought a 2011 Subaru Forester premium. I am disabled and I need to walk with a rollator. I have had an earlier forester for 15 years and recently it was totalled by a hit and run drunk. I'm happy with the 2011 forester. However, the tailgate is much heavier than the one on my old car--and much higher. I can't reach it to close it. This problem is major for me. I need to transport my rollator
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 2 years ago.
Hi,sorry to hear this ,I think I can help though.I once had a customer complaint of this,we remedied by having a upholsterer make a leather strap for us that we attached to the rear gate panel ,this worked great he even used the same color material as the interior so it looked professional.Thanks for your time,hope this info can help you!