Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

2006 Subaru Impreza/ faint clicking sound in left rear engine

Customer Question
compartment (facing engine). Went to...
2006 Subaru Impreza/ faint clicking sound in left rear engine compartment (facing engine). Went to MT. last week with no problems. This morning the sound became loud tapping and is quite worrisom. Had head gasket and timing belt done 2,000 miles ago.
What UP?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
SORRY the sound is in the RIGHT rear part of engine compartment
Sound is near the firewall fairly low in the engine. Sound became pronounced this morning and quite suddenly. Otherwise auto is in sound condition.
7/6/2015
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 2 years ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Hi,if I may ask a few questions,does the noise increase with engine speed,is it affecting the way it runs,does the car need to be moving to hear,thanks for your time.
It can be heard clearly while idoling and increasers with RPMs. As of this morning we are afraid to even run it as it has increased significantly overnight. The impact on the way it runs is possibly due to not wanting to jeprodize it further.Thank you.
Not knowing when you will respond causes me to take on other tasks. If I know you will respond soon I weill keep an eye out.for you. I need to leave for my grandaughters ball game in 45 minuters.
I'm back,thanks for your reply,I have one more question when idling is the engine running smoothly?Noises are tough over the internet just gathering as much info as possible,thanks
Good morning Tamaz, I am still persuing the 2006 Subaru with the loud ticking sound in the "right rear" part of the engine. Sounds like it is in the engine, valvue or lifter, I don't know but we are afraid to drive it `anymore since it increased so much yesterday morning.The way we left it was you were to call and you have removed $24.00 from my account so I expect to hear from you as soon as possible.(###) ###-#### ***** you
Still waiting at this number...***-***-****. We never heard from you yesterday however I'm not sure of the time zone implications. We are Pacific Daylight Time and it is 10:33AM
Any chance we can get some feedback. If you are buried we will arrange to have someone here until 7:00pm pdt.PLEASE CALL SOON
OK, I am being harshly judged by my sons for getting hustled for $24.00. A website that charges and all of a sudden falls silent.I asured them you guys were the real deal and we would hear back. We are gone after 4:30 pm. Please call ASAP or I will never hear the end of it..
Hi,any results yet?
Hi,you never returned my call?How is the car running.
tamaz
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician