Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Subaru Outback 2.5I: I was rear ended last weekend. On my 2008…

Customer Question
I was rear ended last...
I was rear ended last weekend. On my 2008 Subaru Outback. Here is my real issue the body shop doesn't seem to believe me that the driver's seat is loose. The said that the head rest is loose and that's normal but no the entire thing is loose. It is a power seat. Is that actually possible and ball park what should I expect to pay?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Subaru
7/3/2015
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 3 years ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Hi,the seat is secured by 4 bolts at each corner,it is very easy to inspect and tighten if loose probably $20-25 I do think it's unlikely though that those bolts have loosened though,what I have seen is broken spot welds that hold the bottom cushion to the frame.,this scenario seems more likely to me.Is this where the seat feels loose to you?
The whole thing rocks. And of course it is at the body shop half ripped apart so u can't really go look at it my self.
Are you referring to the seat bottom or seat back?
The entire seat! The whole thing. Every bit of it.
My guess is what I've seen in the past.,the spot welds breaking where the bottom is attached to the frame,the seat must be removed to see this