Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My 2003 Legacy has a buzzing sound in the dashboard near the…

Customer Question
My 2003 Legacy has a...
My 2003 Legacy has a buzzing sound in the dashboard near the passenger air bag. It's intermittent and usually happens between 65 & 75 mph.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Subaru
7/2/2015
Subaru Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
This is going to be tough to diagnose being it needs to be driven. Can you try this on a rack or stands to see if at that speed it occurs. If not then remove the steering column and lower dash trim and have a limber assistant that can push pull, feel around and look in this area briefly at this speed to see if they can find the source. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris