Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Subaru Outback: We have a brand new 2015 Outback, 6 cylinder.

Customer Question
We have a brand new...
We have a brand new 2015 Outback, 6 cylinder. We have had it 2 1/2 mos with less than 1,300 miles on it now. Since day 1 it has had a hesitation when accelerating up even a slight hill. The problem is now also happening when accelerating from slower speed. Have not test it at higher speeds. Taken to dealer already twice. They don't see the problem; haven't ever heard of the problem even though it's all over the internet. We've got to get this problem solved before taking it on a 4,000 mile trip this summer. It is very dangerous!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
7/1/2015
Subaru Mechanic: Mike V., Subaru Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Hi there,The older models sometimes had issues with the front O2 sensors reading wrong and causing this type of concern. While I have no real way of accessing this information on your care specifically I do have a couple of ideas for you.First, take a drive with the service writer at the dealership so they can feel what you are feeling.If they can't duplicate the issue or don't feel it is an issue, then you can show them the issue. I used to test drive with customers once in a while when I was unable to duplicate the concern. At times, this can be very helpful.Secondly, you might also consider contacting Subaru of America at 1-800-Subaru3. Once you register a complaint with them, they will usually send a dealer rep down to investigate, drive the car and aid in performing a repair. At the very least you can start a case so if there is some type of long term issue, or if some type of reprogramming for the computer comes into play you will be in the loop.I know this isn't a lot to go on here, but these are a couple of ideas I have seen and used personally to try and help customers get resolution.Finally, test drive a different one and see if it has the same characteristics as yours does. This will prove there is an issue. These cars use adaptive learning to try and learn how you drive. Sometimes this takes a fair amount of time, however I believe with the mileage you have it should have done this by now. Might need to be reset, sort of start over and see if there is any improvement.Please let me know what more I can do to help. What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.