Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

Subaru Outback: Dashboard lights in 2011 Outback stay on

Customer Question
Dashboard lights in 2011 Outback...

Dashboard lights in 2011 Outback stay on after key removed.

This forum described similar issue to my problem, although my radio does not seem to be on:

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/80-electrical-electronics/51180-dashboard-light-stays-after-removing-ignition-key.html

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
6/25/2015
Subaru Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thanks for the question. Can you tell me if the lights will remain on until the battery dies?

Yes, as I have found no other way to turn them off.

Thank you. Last question. Is it just the instrument panel lights or all of the dash lights?
It's only the white lights for the instruments directly behind the steering column, plus red light circle around key/ignition entrance on the side of the steering column.
Thank you for the response. The two most common causes of this on your vehicle are the body module or the ignition switch. If the radio and nothing else are operational at the same time then I would suspect that it is the body module. It controls these systems on you vehicle. Did you plan on fixing this yourself or still have a warranty?
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician