Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

Subaru outback 3.6 L: We are getting water in the reargate

Customer Question
We are getting water in...
We are getting water in the reargate of our 2012 subaru outback when it rains. The rubber seals are in perfect condition. Could the problem be due to a drainhole blockage?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
Inside the reargate the water drains out where the trim on the sides of the rearwindow meets the trim above the window.
6/25/2015
Subaru Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Some water into the doors and gates, is normal and it should drain out at the gaps in the pinch weld at the base of the doors. Though yours sounds excessive possibly from glass alignment or a seal issue at the top of the gate. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician