Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

Subaru Outback 2.5I Basic: the "at oil temp" light flashes

Customer Question
the "at oil temp" light...
the "at oil temp" light flashes constantly. It cam on after I had all the oil leaks plugged at a shop. They say they did not do anything to the transmission, except replace the CV axel. It was not on before they got it. I had the trans flush + new filter, It still flashes.Is the problem in the computer?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
6/21/2015
Subaru Mechanic: Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The AT temp light flashing usually means either the PCM (computer ) or the TCM (transmission control module) are not seeing the correct signal from the sensor. When this light come on the computer will set and store a fault code. In order to determine what is failing you are going to need to start with having the computer system scanned and the fault code retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with the fault code, I can direct you in the needed repair.
Ronnie
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician