Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Subaru Forester X Limited: Is there an easy way to disable…

Customer Question
Is there an easy way...
Is there an easy way to disable Subaru rear cameras? According to my daughter's driving instructor, this must be done if you want to take your driving test with that car.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/18/2015
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 3 years ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
That sounds absurd,first i would place a call to the DMV to verify this,most newer vehicles are equipped with back up camera's because they make the vehicle more safe for the driver and pedestrians.If this is somehow true the camera can be disabled by disconnecting the connector behind the rear gate panel,I can give you instructions for removal if you need them,thanks for your time