Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Subaru B9 Tribeca: I have had the heads decked with new head…

Customer Question
I have had the heads...
I have had the heads decked with new head gaskets, the machine shop said it is with-in .002 still over heating. The machine shop pulled the motor again to make sure the head gaskets were installed properly.
We replaced the radiator, could the heater core cause this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
6/17/2015
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 2 years ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Hi,thanks for your question.If it is restricting coolant flow of course it could ,when the cooling fans come on does warm/ hot air come out from the fans,if air is cool there most likely is a air pocket causing the overheat,The Tribeca can be difficult to bleed air from the system when filling the highest point is the heater core so there is a bleed screw coming of the heater hoses that needs to be removed when filling so all air is removed was this done?
Yes, but not very well. We also replaced the water pump while it was apart! Could this be a problem?
The water pump could be the problem if the impeller shaft is broken ,this would mean little or know circulation ,because you replaced the pump this is very unlikely.
I AM ALL SET FOR NOW THANK YOU!
Your welcome !
tamaz
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician