Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Subaru forester: 2002 Subaru forester A/c .. replaced drive…

Customer Question
2002 Subaru forester...
2002 Subaru forester A/c .. replaced drive belts and pulley. Compressor started loping and making intermittent groaning noise by pax compartment. Compressor clutch engages and disengages. This all began when I was charging the Freon.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Subaru
6/13/2015
Subaru Mechanic: Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
It is normal for the compressor to cycle off and on if the system is low on freon. Nor pressure readings on a full system needs to be right at 30 to 35 PSI on the low side and 300 to 225 PSI on the high side with the compressor running. I would also make sure the new belt is tight. Check you pressure reading for me and post back and we can work from there.