Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Subaru llbean outback: I have a 2005 outback 6cycl, the air…

Customer Question
I have a 2005 outback...
I have a 2005 outback 6cycl, the air conditioner cycles very quickly. It starts out cold and then the compressor keeps recycling and stop blowing cold air. Can the switch be replaced?
Rodney
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Subaru
6/10/2015
Subaru Mechanic: George H., Subaru Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
George H.
George H., Subaru Certified Technician
Hello I will help you with your question,
It sounds like the switch is doing it's job, no need to replace it.
It also sounds like the system has a leak and is low on refrigerant.
Have you had the system recovered and leak tested to see if it is leaking then after the leak is repaired refilled by weight to the correct charge then evaluate the operation of the system?