Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Added 1 quart of oil to my 2012 Subaru imprezza two weeks…

Customer Question
added 1 quart of oil...
added 1 quart of oil to my 2012 Subaru imprezza two weeks ago and the oil light came on again yesterday and I just noticed oil dripping from my car and a huge puddle in my garage.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
6/7/2015
Subaru Mechanic: Mike V., Subaru Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Hi there.How many miles do you have on the car and when was it's last oil change?
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Lets do this by typing. The car has 17,961 miles on it and is due for an oil change at 18,800 miles I don't know when the last oil change was. But I had to add oil once before and the dealer said everything was ok. but that I should check the oil every time I did a fill up.
If the car is leaving a puddle of oil, I suggest having it towed to the dealer. It's leaking and that is not normal by any means, especially with so few miles. The tow and the work needed should be covered under your warranty and not cost you a dime. If they think it's normal or are telling you it's normal you need to locate a new dealer. I was curious about the last oil change because if it had only been a few days then I could say maybe there was an issue with the oil filter or the drain plug gasket, but no, this needs to go back and be repaired at their expense properly.
Sorry I didn't get your response sooner and I can't do the phone calls because of a hearing disability.
Please, let me know if there is any more I can do at this end to help.
What happens next:
Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.
My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.
Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.
Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician