Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Subaru Outback R L.L. Bean Edition: OEM service manual for…

Customer Question
OEM service manual for replacing...
OEM service manual for replacing head gaskets. I have Mitchell OnDemand, but it is more vague than usual on this procedure, and I have never done a head gasket on one of these engines.. It mentions labor includes removing and installing engine for the job but it doesn't actually describe removing the engine, so i am trying to get a better idea of what is required. Thanks!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Subaru
5/27/2015
Subaru Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.

I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.

Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.

I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.

If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.

Thanks Chris

Relist: Answer quality.
This "expert" uses form letter to respond to questions instead of actual answers. Not once has he helped me in any way..wish i could block this one from responding..bad reflection on justanswer..no technical assistance needed here, just repair procedure needed for head gasket replacement

Povide service manual for head gasket replacement or opt out..

You are correct it is copy and paste response. I help all the customers and questions that other techs here do not want to. I send this to about 30 customers a day. On average about 75% still want help and are pleased when I offer it. Since you stated not once have I helped you. I see no reason for me to do so now. I will opt out and let you get back on the list to continue waiting.

Best of luck.

so u gonna opt out or what? question still currently shows "answered"

I opted out 6.5 hours ago.

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician