Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Subaru Tribeca: Subaru tribeca can't start. Batery Ok but car…

Customer Question
Subaru tribeca can't start. Batery...
Subaru tribeca can't start. Batery Ok but car can't start.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Subaru
5/23/2015
Subaru Mechanic: Mike V., Subaru Technician replied 3 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Hi there,Does the engine crank and not start or no cranking at all?
No cranking at all
I am terribly sorry, I had a minor emergency last night and was unable to reply. I did open your question back up for the other experts but I see no one replied.Do you still need help with this?
Yes. I still need help for that problem. The same problem was fixed by Subaru main Dealer 3 weeks ago. The situation is that, the car battery is Ok, engine Ok, car key Ok, alarm system Ok, immobilisator Ok. There is no communication between the car key and the alarm sysytem. I want to override the system and start the car. What should have to do? Thank you.
The problem is you can't override the security system on the car. It's a chip key, it sends a radio signal to the computer to allow the car to start.I am wondering what color the ring around the ignition switch is. There are a couple of other things that might be happening that would make you think it's the immobilizer, usually though, the immobilizer will allow the engine to turn over briefly. If you have no sound at all from the engine compartment when you turn the key I believe we may be looking at something else causing the problem.Please let me know.
There is no sound at all from the engine compartment when I turn and press the key to start the car. Thanks.
And what can I do to override the system and start the car?
Ok, it seems possible that the issue is with the neutral safety switch to me. This is the only break in the system that would prevent any starter engagement at all. If you have a test light, I think we could check some wiring, I do see you are in the UK so my wiring diagrams may not be spot on, but I would try putting it into neutral and see if it will start or at least crank.Also, if not, put it back up into park and wiggle the shifter while trying to start it.Please let me know.
What can I do to override the system and start the car?
As I stated originally, you cannot override the security system. The immobilizer uses radio frequency to work.You may be able to get a mobile locksmith to reset the system if it's the problem.