Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Subaru Outback 2.5I Limited: I have a 2005 Subaru Outback.

Customer Question
I have a 2005 Subaru...
I have a 2005 Subaru Outback. All of a sudden 3 strange things happened at once. The driver's side visor light stopped working, the center light (where the shifter is) stopped coming on and my reverse lights no longer activate when I have my car in reverse.
Now, my reverse lights do come on when I brake!
I've checked all of the little fuses and they all appear to be fine.
Any suggestions?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Subaru
5/21/2015
Subaru Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Hi
For the 2 interior lamps non operational. Can you check and see if its just bad bulbs? If they are fine then are you missing power or ground to the lamp sockets?
On the reverse lamps, do you have an auto or manual transmission? Can you do electrical diag, so we can find this short to power?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician