Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Subaru Impreza 2.5I: Have a 2007 2.5i engine out of an impreza…

Have a 2007 2.5i engine...
Have a 2007 2.5i engine out of an impreza in a VW vanagon. Ran 15-40 in this engine for years, then switched to 10-30. Used the heavier oil as we live in Mexico and 15-40 was the standard oil used here for years. I cannot remember any direct connection to the change in oil, but am generating a P0028 error consistently, although it can take at times two hours of run time for it to come up. The other oddity is when the a/t shifts particularly from low into medium the engine sputters. This can cure itself or I may need to release the accelerator then re-engage it as the sputtering will then go away. I had the oil 10-30/filter changed the other day after adding a cup of a/t fluid to the oil for fifty miles. Nothing improved or was worse. I am caught a long way from a new intake valve control solenoid and trying the 15-40 oil again. Give me a hint?
5/7/2015
Subaru Mechanic: wrxteck, Subaru Technician replied 7 years ago
wrxteck
wrxteck, Subaru Technician
Hello. I would swap the OCV from one side to the other. See if the code goes from 0028 to 0026. that will tell you if the valve is bad
I assume if in bank 1 and the code is 26 the sensor needs replacing?
correct...if the code follows the switched part..replace it...should be easy if the code comes back easily
wrxteck
wrxteck, Subaru Technician
Tomorrow...
Yes, needs replacing. Appreciate your help!