Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Subaru Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Subaru Diagnostics
18617752

Subaru Tribeca: I am trying to replace a driver side mirror

I am trying to replace a driver side mirror on a 2009 tribeca. I cant figure out how to remove the housing.
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much info and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

To remove the side mirror, the door panel will need to be removed first, in order to gain the proper access. I've wrapped up the procedure to remove the door panel and the side mirror into a PDF file for easier viewing/printing. DOWNLOAD THE PDF FILE HERE.

If you have no further questions at this time, Please remember to RATE YOUR Q&A EXPERIENCE TODAY! Your input is very important to us! Please make sure to leave a RATING! Thank-You!

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm always happy to answer follow-up questions!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry so i should have said, I am replacing the glass in the driver side mirror. are there directions to disassemble the housing of the mirror once i get it off the car?

also Step 5 says: Remove the gusset cover.

Am i just poping that thing off?

Ohhhh... I see. Just the glass itself... Ok... No need to disassemble the housing, the mirror "snaps" in and out. There are 2 "tag" clips ("B" in the pdf file) and 2 "snap" clips ("A" in the PDF file) Again, I'll wrap up a procedure into a PDF file... it's just easier. This should help. Download the PDF FILE HERE