Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

2007 outback: you tell me how to remove the rear bench seat

can you tell me how to remove the rear bench seat from my 2007 outback...I have new upholstery I want to install.

Kevin C :

Welcome to Just Answers, I'm Kevin and I'm here to help resolve your Automotive issue Please click the ACCEPT button when satisfied with your answer.Positive Feedback is appreciated!

Kevin C :

Hello

Customer:

Hi...can you help me?

Kevin C :

Sure, you need to remove the bottom portion of the rear seat?

Customer:

yes...it is not one of those that used to release and was on hinges...I just want to lift out the upholstered portion of the bench seat so I can cover it with new upholstery

Customer:

I can't tell how it is held in place (bolt, release button) and where to release it

Kevin C :

Ok, you need to remove that whole bench, basically it just pulls up at the front section, not easily but it will pop out. I am sending you the directions per Subaru..you really do not need to disconnect the battery as it states to get the seat out though.

Kevin C :

Full Size Image

Kevin C :

This should do it.

Kevin C :

the seat is held by clips in the floor, you have to give it a good pull at the front lips..the arrows in the pic are indicating to pull up

Customer:

Do you think I will have to remove all that other stuff...headrest stuff, etc?

Kevin C :

not if you want to just remove the bottom

Customer:

okay. this looks really helpful...I am waiting for a friend to come over and help me do this in a couple of hours. If I have trouble, how do I reach you again?

Kevin C :

Even after you click Accept, you can come back to this chat and post, I will get an e mail and will respond.

Customer:

How do I do that? save and exit after accepting?

Kevin C :

yes, you set up an account, so you can always access your questions

Kevin C :

and we can still work on this if you need more help

Kevin C :

I should say..you already set up your account

Customer:

yes...okay...thanks! I think we're done for now until I go and try to wrestle that seat out :)

Kevin C :

lol, good luck!

Customer:

thanks!

Customer:

do I hit accept now?

Kevin C :

yes please, and leave feedback if you can.

Kevin C :

Ill look for you later

Customer:

okay...thanks!

Kevin C :

let me know how it turns out