Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

I have a 97 subaru outback legacy it won't start i thought

Customer Question
it might be the battery...
i have a 97 subaru outback legacy it won't start i thought it might be the battery so i bought a new one. i installed it but still nothing the batterys fine but it still won't start every few seconds the car makes a clicking sound the hazard lights will flash along with the clicking. does anyone happen to know how i might fix this?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Subaru
2/10/2011
Subaru Mechanic: Mike V., Subaru Technician replied 6 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Greetings Sir or Madam and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.
Hi there! The flash is from the security system. If you have the remote for the door locks,cycle them on and off with the fob,this should reset the secuity system.
Try it and let me know.
Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician