Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

1996 Legacy: disable..parking lights..Key works OK manually on locks…

Customer Question
1996 Legacy-Replaced new battery= Cannot...
1996 Legacy-Replaced new battery= Cannot disable remote lock= turn and parking lights wont shut down. Key works OK manually on locks. Did not recieve remote when I got it
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Subaru
6/30/2010
Subaru Mechanic: George H., Subaru Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
George H.
George H., Subaru Certified Technician

Hello I will help you with your question,

Remove the negastive battery cable, turn the ignition to the run position then reconnect the cable. This should reset the security system.

Let me know how this works for you

Thanks