Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

steady..I cant afford the tow or the inspection labor.BobChrist Died…

Customer Question
Hi Tim. Thanks for...
Hi Tim. Thanks for your reply. But doesn't the steady thudding sound from the engine, while the CE light is on, show that there IS a physical problem with the engine?

I don't dare drive it to where I can get the readouts.

And if the car is toast anyway, I can't afford the tow or the inspection labor.

Bob
Christ Died to Save You
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/21/2010
Subaru Mechanic: Tim West, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Tim West
Tim West, ASE Certified Technician
Gotcha, well if there is a mechanical issue with the vehicle let's still scan the codes.
Do you know what is stored?
Thanks, Tim. Sorry, but as I said I couldn't get codes for you without getting it to the garage (or am I missing something I could have done?

But as of now, at the suggestion of my auto Subaru mechanic, I've ordered the car towed to him. I'm pretty sure it's toast; but he said "we still might be able to salvage it."

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I didn't get to complete with you; but I was only interested in what I could learn over the weekend.

Bob
On my first post I showed how to do a flash test for the codes
Hi, Tim; sorry I missed that, somehow.

I saw the diagrams for the test connectors, but I guess I didn't look closely enough to know what to connect to them. I don't have any such equipment; but I guess there was a way I didn't need any. Sorry about that; I'll look again at what you sent.

Bob
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX know