Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

air conditioning to blow hot freon is in it..compressor works…

Customer Question
what causes the air conditioning...
what causes the air conditioning to blow hot freon is in it! compressor works
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Subaru
6/14/2010
Subaru Mechanic: Mike V., Subaru Technician replied 8 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician

Greetings Sir or Madam and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.

So you are seeing the compressor engage when you turn on the a/c ?

the compressor comes on then it cut off and on the air come out cold then goes out, sometimes the air never gets cold or takes like ten min to start blowing cold .
ok, when the compressor cycles, how long does it do it. I mean it is suppose to come on and then go off, so I guess my question is,how long does it stay on for? Is this a really fast on/off or more like a minute and then off?

sometimes it turn on then cut off immediately

Ok, I suspect one of two problems. Even though you have added freon, the car could have a leak and the freon level could be low. I don't suspect this to be the problem if this is happening intermittently.

Second would be the pressure switch, if it is sticking, it can be telling the compressor to turn off. It could be telling it the pressure is to high or to low. Probably The best way to determine this is with a set of guages,this way you can see what the freon is doing when the compressor is running.