Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

Correct Gap and Best Spark Plug for EJ20G

Customer Question
what is the correct gap...
what is the correct gap and the best type of spark plug to buy for my ej20G?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Subaru
11/30/2009
Subaru Mechanic: ase_master327, Subaru Technician replied 8 years ago
ase_master327
ase_master327, Subaru Technician
Well, that engine was used for quite a few different applications.. So I need the year and model of Subaru that it is in, to be able to give any kind of accurate answer.
i thought I replyed but there was a page error, I have a 1990 right hand drive subaru legacy GT. ej20G
Yes, I have been getting some errors on the site today as well.. They have been reported.. Was yours something like server failure or similar?

Anyways.. ok.you have the 'old style' EJ20G engine..
Here is the recommended plugs and gaps on this engine:

NGK ---------------- PFR7B
The gap on these spark plugs should not be adjusted as that is done when they are manufactured. They are gapped to 0.8MM..

SPARK PLUG TORQUE
13 - 17 ft lb (18 - 24Nm)
ase_master327
ase_master327, Subaru Technician
ase_master327
ase_master327
ase_master327, Subaru Technician