Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

Pole barn openings on eve side largest 16' looking at using…

Customer Question
Pole barn openings on...

Pole barn openings on eve side largest 16' looking at using 1.75" x 9.75" lvls on each side of the post. also looking to use same lvl to hole roof up 36' trusses on 2' centers have qquestions

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Is there anything else important you think the Structural Engineer should know?

4x6" post

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Structural Engineering
4/2/2018
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 3 months ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Hello. I can help.
What is the city and state so I can look at Snow loading?
Vicksburg Michigan
the beams at the rave will support the roof trusses only? No attic or second floor load?
Eave, not rave
No attic or second floor attaching with GRK strutual screws
Unfortunately, that size LVL won’t work. You will need four 1.75” x 11.25” 2.0E LVL
Ok 2 for garage opening and 2 fo header holding trusses?